Welcome back to another Gina K. Designs challenge! This month, our Challenge Hostess is Sheri Gilson and she has a great challenge for you!
Hello and Welcome to the July 2021 Challenge! This month we are challenging you to start on your holiday cards if you haven’t already with a “Christmas in July” Challenge!
We’ve had a lot of interest over in the Gina K. Designs & StampTV Friends Facebook Group for some ideas and whats better than to have a gallery full of ideas over the month to help us all get inspired.
For my sample I pulled out the Sparkle & Shine stamp set, card stock, inks, blending brushes, and my embossing supplies. This card can easily be mass produced.
Steps to Create Card:
- Cut an A2 Top Fold Card Base: 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ (4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″) – Used Heavy Weight White Card Stock.
- Cut White Mat using Master Layouts 2 Die Set: 3 5/8″ x 4 7/8 ” – Used Layering Weight White Card Stock.
- Cut Red Stitched Layer using Master Layouts 2 Die Set: 3 1/2″ x 4 3/4″ – Used Red Velvet Card Stock.
- Take White Mat, Run embossing pad around edges and emboss with Detail Gold Embossing Powder. This is a quick cheat and no gold card stock is required.
- Take the Red layer and stamp images using embossing pad and emboss with Detail Gold Detail Embossing Powder. Next you will use Red Velvet ink and ink blend around the edges not going to far in. You will then VERY LIGHTLY take the Charcoal Brown ink and start off the edge and ink blend around the very edge of the layer. You may now need to add a little more Red Velvet. Note that the Charcoal Brown adds a richness and you need very little.
- Emboss sentiment on a strip of red card stock and cut out with the banner die from Master Layouts #3 die set.
- Assemble Card. Foam tape optional to pop up panel.
- For embellishment add some Ruby Slippers sequins using Connect Glue.
Other:Scor-buddy,We R Memory Keepers Mini Guillotine Cutter,Gina K. Designs Dot Adhesive,Gina K. Designs Connect Glue,Gina K. Designs Foam Tape,Jewel Picker,Embossing Magic Pad,Gina K. Designs Detail Gold Embossing Powder,Gina K. Designs Ruby Slippers Sequins
Here are our June Winners!